Raising Children Lovingly: Empathic Communication for Thriving Families
An inspiring 8-week course for moms and their pre-crawling babies.
Led by Caroline Griswold and Alejandra Siroka, M.A.
Come to connect deeply with your own parenting vision and values, learn from other moms, and acquire proven communication tools to raise a self-confident and compassionate child.
In your role as a new mom, you may feel overwhelmed at times by the information available to you on how to be a good parent. Who do you trust?
You wish you could talk with other like-minded moms, who also want to be present and loving with their children. You all desire to raise children who are happy, healthy, and self-confident.
You want to leave your child a communication legacy that leads to connection, care, and compassion.
You are ready to create something that feels authentic and powerful for your new family. This is possible. It exists.
You are invited to come to this inspiring group and:
- Belong to a circle of loving moms
- Share and be heard
- Connect deeply with your own parenting vision and values
- Acquire proven communication tools to raise a self-confident and compassionate child
- Discover how to work with your partner to create a new communication legacy for your child
- Elicit the kind of support you desire from family and friends
This Circle is Limited to 10 Moms
- We keep this group small to ensure a transformative experience.
- We will engage in the enlivening opportunity to explore topics and skills specific to your journey.
- Together we will laugh, share, discover, and connect — integrating this work with courage, kindness and authenticity.
What You’ll Learn
Week 1: Your New Role as A Mom Raising A Child
Week 2: Helping Your Baby Feel Safe and Loved
Week 3: Navigating Your Child’s Big Feelings Lovingly
Week 4: Passing On a Powerful Communication Legacy to Your Baby
Week 5: Maintaining Connection with Your Partner Even in Difficult Times
Week 6: Eliciting Openness and Understanding from Family and Friends
Week 7: Filling up Your Own Reservoir When Resources are Running Low
Week 8: Taking Care of Your Collective Needs as Mom and Baby
Course Dates in 2018:
- Week 1: Thursday, October 18
- Week 2: Thursday, October 25
- Week 3: Thursday, November 1
- Week 4: Thursday, November 8
- Week 5: Thursday, November 15
- Week 6: Thursday, November 29
- Week 7: Thursday, December 6
- Week 8: Thursday, December 13
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Oakland Birth and Wellness, 5735 Shattuck Avenue, Oakland
With Caroline Griswold and Alejandra Siroka
Caroline Griswold is the founder of Fertile Ground Parenting. She helps parents find greater joy in their parenting and deepen their connection with their children. She is passionate about bringing more ease and confidence to parenting, and facilitating respectful communication between parents and babies from birth. A lifelong educator, Caroline was inspired to pursue certification in Magda Gerber’s Educaring® Approach (www.rie.org) after experiencing how this respectful parenting approach transformed her relationships with her son and partner. You can learn more about her at www.fertilegroundparenting.com.
Alejandra Siroka, M.A. has devoted her life to the study and exploration of language and communication. She believes bringing consciousness to our communication is essential on the path of transformation and a fulfilling life. Her passion is to help people communicate authentically to develop thriving human relationships and live in alignment with their values. She founded Language Alchemy, a transformative process that involves mindful communication skills, empathic self-inquiry and the recognition and dissolution of unhelpful communication patterns. You can learn more about her at www.languagealchemy.com.
What you’ll receive for your course fee:
- 8 inspirational sessions with other loving moms and facilitation from both Caroline Griswold and Alejandra Siroka
- Handouts for each session
- 8 recordings of the sessions to help you review and stay connected to the material
- Tea and snacks
- 8 weekly 20-minute calls with a listening partner to deepen your understanding and practice your newly acquired communication skills